Savannah, United States42 Tips
Art Galleries4 Tips
Built in 1912, Wallin Hall originally served as an elementary school. The 25,887-square-foot building was designed in the Prairie Style, featuring buff brick sloping walls and an ornamental bell tower
Built in 1946, this theater opened as the Weis Theater in the midst of the post-World War II construction boom. It remained a working theater until 1980. SCAD acquired the theater in 1989.
The 23,834-square-foot Congregation B'nai B'rith Synagogue was built in 1909. The structure later housed St. Andrew's Independent Episcopal Church from 1970 to 2002. SCAD acquired the building in 2003
This vintage diner was manufactured in Worcester, Mass., in 1938. It originally opened as a diner in Hanover, N.H., home of Dartmouth College. It functioned as a diner in New Hampshire until 1988.
Gryphon is housed in an adapted turn-of-the-century pharmacy. Now a classic tearoom, it serves tea, coffee, sodas and light meals. The building was constructed between 1913 and 1926.
Built between 1916 and 1930, this building originally was the warehouse and office space for Savannah Electric & Power Company. It was taken over by South Atlantic Paper Company in 1954.
The original building on this site in 1880 was home to several widows. In 1914, the structure was torn down and the existing structure was built as a home for the Jewish Educational Alliance.
Built in 1895 and formerly the Citizens Bank building, Propes Hall was the first building in Savannah to be completely fireproof. Note the Renaissance Revival style architecture.
Built in 1906, it opened its doors as Barnard Street School, the first free public school in Georgia. During the Civil War, Gen. Sheman's army used it as a military hospital.
Circa 1919, this building was initially erected as the Exchange Bank and in 1928 was taken over by C&S. It later reopened as Savannah Bank and Trust. SCAD purchased it in 1989.
This circa-1937 brick building once housed the offices of a Savannah car dealership.
Built in 1858, Norris Hall originally was designed as a home for elderly widows and unmarried women. A fissure runs along the interior wall, evidence of a 1886 earthquake that jarred the region.
Built in 1853, it originally was the home of Alexander A Smets, who immigrated from France. The 13,783-square-foot home has had several uses, including the corporate offices of Acme Development.
Built in the late 1800s, this 64,000-square-foot building once housed a carriage factory. It now serves as a Digital Media Center.
This three-story Second Empire residence was built in 1878 for Jacob Guerard Heyward, the great grandson of Thomas Heyward, a South Carolinian who signed the Declaration of Independence.
This circa-1877 structure once was the home of prominent Savannah financier and cotton broker Thomas M. Butler. Note its marble foyer, wrought-iron staircase and 13-foot coffered ceilings.
The structure, built in 1856, originally served as offices for the Central of Georgia Railroad complex. The 16,968-square-foot building is named after portraitist Dr. Virginia Jackson Kiah.
When Keys Hall was built in 1870, it was considered to be outside of the downtown area. It was a residence its first 50 years. Savannah Broadcasting Company bought the structure in 1939.